KN58 HDH

PeckhamRose

Thanks for those links, Fuscia! I think I'd be pretty happy to stand up in court and say that at the time I took this shot by Vinopolis, there were no other cars around so they were not monitoring any other infringement, and neither were they doing any other work related business. I think he was having his lunch!

Don't you eat at work? I do. Mainly so I don't waste my time and others money.

"stand up in court"

What fun. See if you can get some photos of coppers in McD's and council road crews looking into holes while your at it.

Lawrence. The difference is that you don't cause a dangerous obstruction by eating at your desk.

This car was causing an obstruction. It must have been, otherwise the double-yellow lines would not be necessary.

some people really do seem to have too much time on their hands - what's the big deal? why should this end up in court? and why would you want to give up your time to go?

and 'dangerous obstruction'? down a dead end with no other cars about?

all seems like a case of moaning for the sake of it to me

In this case enforcing the law means sitting on your arse watching the worlds most boring youtube vid. Perhaps twice a day you might need to press the camera button or twiddle the joystick. Seems a little stupid to ask them to drive back to the depot so they can chew some gum.

pk Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> what's the big deal? why should

> this end up in court? and why would you want to

> give up your time to go?

>

> and 'dangerous obstruction'? down a dead end with

> no other cars about?

>

> all seems like a case of moaning for the sake of

> it to me

Funny I made a similar argument to the tickety ticket man when he wrote me out a fine for leaving my car on the pavement when I went to Burger King.

why is it a double yellow line

"Double yellow lines along the edge of the carriageway indicate that parking restrictions apply to the road (which includes the carriageway, pavement and verge). "- Wikipedia

If the road is dangerous for a vehicle to stop there is normally a zig zag or red lines, like outside schools.