Forum Sponsors

http://www.ariadnasole.com

www.dulwichpsychologist.co.uk

http://sjones63.wordpress.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messagePlease don't bump threads
Posted by Family Room Moderator 24 May, 2010 10:54

Whoops, I haven't been paying attention for a day or two.. too much work and much too much nice weather at the weekend!

But it seems it's time for the regular reminder not to bump threads - it's not fair artificially to keep your item for sale at the top of this busy board.

I've hidden quite a few this morning - apologies that I haven't had the time to PM the people in question, but if you're wondering where your bumped thread went, it's because I hid it.

cheers
FRM

messageRe: Please don't bump threads
Posted by Family Room Moderator 17 June, 2010 08:25

A reminder not to bump your posts please.

I've hidden some bumped classifieds today.

Posted by Family Room Moderator 20 July, 2010 13:06

Another reminder - please stop bumping your posts. I'm currently seeing quite a few people bumping theirs daily.

I understand that sometimes sellers have deadlines and it makes them feel that their ad is more urgent or important than those of other people. However, this is a very busy board and the only fair way to manage it is not to allow bumps. I will continue to hide excessive bumping posts where I see them.

cheers
FRM

Posted by Family Room Moderator 20 July, 2010 14:06

Hi prd - I agree that that board is too busy, but moving to the local businesses section which is also busy would just transfer the problem rather than solving it.

Fuschia's suggestion is sitting with Admin - it seems like a good idea, but creating a new section for the forum takes quite a lot of time and effort. Please bear with us in the meanwhile, appreciate your patience.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed