Someone who can build a gaming pc

handymaneast dulwich

Hi Victor,

Most gamers build their own and spend masses of time researching specs and performance and quite often the end result is a compromise that is unbalanced and disappoints.

I have built quite a few PC's but when it came to gaming I always advise clients to buy a gaming machine from Dell who cater for this market. That way you also get a warranty.

Dell's Alienware gaming range runs from about ?700 to ?2,000 and that should meet most peoples budgets.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Trust me, you do not want to buy an Alienware PC. The machines are overpriced and the specs are often mismatched. If you want some help picking pieces for a gaming PC go to the reddit forum www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace, a forum filled with experienced PC fanatics who can be very helpful. Building is counter-intuitively easy for such complex machines as there exists thousands of great guides for installing every PC part availible. If you want help either picking pieces for your PC or building it PM me and I'll be able to help

Thanks,

Ollie

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in to the thread but I'm also looking for a gaming PC but find that reditt can be very subjective and sometimes contradictory. That said, with a budget of ?700, which components should I buy to get the best gaming PC for the money?

Handyman and Duvaller, Why not build your own? relatively easy task to do! You'll get great satisfaction and learn a lot about your computer!

1. Decide what motherboard/processor to go for, AMD offer the best oomph for the money, go for at least 4 cores and 4ghz clock speed.

2. Ram and lots of it! Make sure the M/B can support 32Gb allow at least 16Gb and also get the fasted that your M/B will support.

3. Use a SSD for your O/S and programs (120Gb should be fine) and a regular HDD for data.

4. Graphics card(s) You can find single cards that will run 4 monitor, look for at least 4Gb of memory 8Gb if your budget will stretch that far. AMD will offer the cheapest options.

5. Power supply unit Buy one that will support all of the items above 750Kw should be ok. use the link below to calculate how much power you'll need

http://powersupplycalculator.net/

6. The case make sure it will house your M/B Mid tower are a minimum.

Read the manual and take it slowly step-by-step

If you do not feel up to the task the link below will allow you to "build" a custom PC online just choose a base system and click the button to customise! a good site to visit anyhow!

https://www.eclipsecomputers.com/Computers/Extreme_Gaming_Systems/

Archived