Paediatrician recommendation/advice

Ellie78

My 7 month old son the famous non sleeper is - can you believe it - getting WORSE with weaning not better. Since we've started on solids (which we have done gradually and carefully), he has been very unsettled at bedtime - is DESPERATE to sleep but in obvious discomfort in the tummy/gut area. When I've kept him on milk he's been much better for the first part of the night.

I'm going to the GP as soon as I can get an appointment and when I can make it in the snow but, having missed his quite substantial tongue tie for 3 months previously (I asked them about it 3 times, I know, I know...it's easy to miss), I don't trust them as far as babies are concerned.

Does anyone know a good paediatrician (gastro/tummy issues?) I can press for a referral to? Or do you think I"m over-reacting. He's in obvious pain, and I'm now wondering whether there's been something we've missed all along.

My son didn't eat solid for the first year as he wasn't interested , he stuck to breast milk . There is a mantra saying ' before they are one , its just for fun' so I wouldn't focus too much on trying to get him to eat if he is happy with milk but of course I am no expert so its good to speak to your GP.

My son has allergies so had to be careful with some food as he does get stomach ache , culprits like dairy , wheat , fruits etc was too harsh on his stomach , he was tongue tied too but had that snipped at 3 weeks old .

I hope you get it sorted . We were referred to Kings Allergy dept .