Birthday ideas

Threadhead

Not quite us if this is in the right place, but it's aimed at the Mums out there...

It's my wife's birthday later this week (not a major one, that was last year) and I need to think of some original ideas for present(s). I've done the earring, necklace, bracelet, nice notebook/pen etc options from local shops over the last few years and need some new inspiration. I've also gone down the vouchers for massages etc route and she never really has time to use them. Also any well-meaning "offer to take the kids for a day" ideas are lovely but not appropriate as I do most of the childcare already...

So... If you were going to turn 41ish over the next week or so what would you love to be given? I would prefer to get something locally to support ED business and am pretty desperate as so far I have:

DVD of Skyfall

A voucher of "Joey Love" (a la Friends)

Obviously the first one is really for me and the second one is a joke, so please help!

All ideas hugely appreciated...

Not sure if you have time to get it done but one of my best presents was a 'bob s book' u can look them up online but essentially you pick family photos and some words and they turn it into a lovely book for you I got mine when my oldest was 3 and two children later I probably still look at it a couple of times a week and asked the other day if He could do another one!

Can you give me a few more details of what your wife likes and I will think of some things for you! (approx price range would be helpful)

Okay top of my head, without further information would be:

A kindle loaded with some books

Membership to Dulwich Picture Gallery / Tate / Royal Academy

Movie card loaded with some cash (I got one of these for my husband from Greenwich Picture House)

Therapy on Melbourne Grove have some nice products if she likes bath stuff etc

A handbag?

Bias (women's shop) on Bellenden Road have fantastic clothes and accesories, and I am sure the owner would help you choose something

Hmm - it's my birthday in a couple of weeks too and have just been thinking there's nothing I really want/need....I seem to have SO much stuff! Obviously something sparkly is always nice...or a cool bag...nationl trust/hever castle/type membership...a gym membership or some personal trainer sessions....but a weekend away is my most wanted thing!

A nice bag filled with some things she likes. make up, perfume, dvd, chocolate, nice pen/pad if she is a list maker. good lip balm, nice tissues. a book perhaps.

Things she uses all the time but just an upgraded version of each in a pretty tote bag?

(hope my hubby reads this and takes the hint... :) )

I'd recommend a Mothers Inc massage. They have a creche so the kid(s) can be taken care of whilst she has a massage. They offer slots for couples too, so you could all go for a lovely meal, followed by an hour of 'just us' time. Their masseuse are awesome!

Hope you find the perfect present. Well done on the effort front already. Might just forward this thread to my husband.....just in case he needs ideas for mother's day:)