where's the nearest fancy dress shop World book day arghhh

Hi

As always v unprepared mum!!! need fancy dress shop or party shop to purchase a cape, flesh coloured swim hat( bald head) swag bag and cap. The only one I can think of is in Lee and shuts at 1pm on Wednesdays! any ideas ED?

Love World book day really but wish I had more notice and both kids picked a character and stuck with it! I am trying to convience 4 year old that Robin Hood didn't have a later Gun!

I don't have school age kids yet but know my brother is in the same boat with 3 costumes to find for his lot. I haven't been there but drove past a new fancy dress shop in Penge the other day so maybe give them a buzz and see if they can help. Good luck!

www.fancythatnparty.co.uk/

My daughter is going as Buzz Lightyear/Woody or a Pirate. Thats what we have already, not making a special trip, only found out this morning! Out of films yes, but technically there has been books after and its still all imagination/character.

Is it just me or have schools gone mad for dressing up days? There seem to be so many events now that the cynic in me wonders who is pushing the concept. For someone as uncreative as me, I can see someone making a lot of money from it over the years to come!

Can anyone lend me a fox mask (or outfit) for a 4yr old boy? He wants to be the fox from the gingerbresd man. I have been trying to change a bear head and tail into a fox but its not working, surprise surprise. Failing that, he might go to school in his wolf pyjamas with a gingerbread man cut out stuck to his nose...