One off day/night Nanny advice

We're getting married and it looks like we might need a nanny to put our little fellow to bed at about 7ish and possibly stay over night. He will be about 17 months.

Is a one-off nanny experience going to throw him?

Or should I just acknowledge that we can't go anywhere (we're going out for dinner) until we get him to sleep, which will mean probably getting to any dinner venue for 830 and not 730, so not a massive disaster.

I would prefer if someone else put him to bed, just because then he's not entirely flummoxed if said someone comforts him in the night, but is it too much for a little one?

Hi - could you get them to come and babysit for an evening before and do bedtime with you? I was so worried the first time I had someone other than family put my son to bed but he was fine with it. My babysitter used to work at his nursery so he did know her. She might be interested in a stay over job. She's a full time nanny now. Let me know if you want me to ask her.

J-mo

I agree, get the person over to meet you and your child first,a few times even, at informal interview and when you go out locally...

It can be pretty daunting for both child and grown up if child wakes up to complete stranger and gets upset....

Can you get someone in to babysit and then member of family to stop over when all the celebrations are done???

Hope you sort something out, and try not to stress too much, site you have enough to be doing with a wedding.

:)

Ok - I have to admit, before people feel sorry for me, that we're taking the cowards way out. Off out to dinner with family after The Event in a registry office we haven't quite decided on yet, so it requires minimal organisation.

Thanks for the advice! Really appreciated