What can I do to help my little girl?

GinaG3

Back with the utination problems today! Daughter 4.7y was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with vaginal strep (confirmed by swabs) and prescribed amoxicillin. We took the course completely and things seemed to clear up very well. Today I've taken her back to the doctors when she woke with green discharge again, more swabs taken and another course of amoxicillin prescribed. School haven't allowed her in today and think she is best with me as she has not passed urine since 6 last night! She is desperate, dancing around but petrified to allow urine to flow because of stinging pain 'down there' it's very red and irritated, I completely understand her fears. I've tried to calm her, reassure her, hold cold tissue while she wees. Any tips? I'm really frustrated were back to this, 20 hours with no urination is way too long!

I have considered that but at the same time don't want her needing to go in the bath for every wee. She is complaining of pain sitting in her regular baths, she doesn't have any products in there because of her skin conditions so it's not that. Will try shower method.

She has now been, without any help but a lot of encouragement and praise! Its so difficult to see them like this, I get in a panic with the withholding. Now to school or not to school tomorrow, will have to see how she gets on with needing the toilet next time. I really don't want her feeling uncomfortable at school. Shame though today was the first day she actually really wanted to go, she's found it really tough to settle!!!

Thank you all xxx