Puddleduck nursery in Nunhead

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recent experience to share? My son is due to start as soon as he is two. I have visited twice and really like it. Staff and facilities seem great, manager seem excellent. Have spoken and taken references from other parents. My main concern is that he will be the youngest by a mile and all the children are in the one room. I have images of my little toddler being "on his own" with all the "big children".

I know it is silly to try to predict these things but I am concerned. I have raised them with the manager who has been v reassuring (and patient) but I am still in a "what if" mindset.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

Bugglet has been there a year & started wks after she turned 2, & is still v petite, and I had concerns she was behind with her language.

She (& I) love it there & part of what I love *is* the mix of ages, her language & social skills have come on so much (I know between 2 & 3 yrs they do anyway), and I feel Puddleduck has helped this. The team all seem to have genuine affection for the children & I love the way they go about doing observations/reviews of how the children see & feedback regularly.

I don't think I'm too far away from you (going by your username) & about to start mat leave so would be happy to meet up/chat more if meeting another Puddleduck Mum would help x

My two year old has also just started there three days a week, and he is a tiddler (makes up for it in loudness mind you!).

I absolutely love it. My older two children also went (now 5 and 6) and they still visit and talk about how brilliant it was. I wanted the same for the youngest so much I now travel all the way from Sydenham to drop him there!

The staff are great at mixing up the groups, and often take the little ones away to do things by themselves whilst the older ones do, e.g. writing. i also think all of my children have benifitted in playing with big kids in terms of their language development, social skills, potty training etc. Its the same ladies that have been there right since the beginning which I also like, there i sno staff turnover. Communication is also good via newsletters and you are welcome to pop in/phone to check on your little one at any time.

Happy to talk further if you'd like x

My youngest has just started at Puddleducks (she's 3). She's the first one of my 3 children to go to a day nursery so I didn't know how it would be. She loves it & so do I. She's never been good at separation & has cried when I leave her but the ladies are so lovely & once I've gone she's fine. All positive & I'm sure your son will love it xxxx

Our son left there after 2 years in September. I can't praise them highly enough. They were wonderful, realistic and understanding of our slightly picklish son. I didn't ever think about the spread of ages, but he started just before his 3rd birthday and left 2 months before his 5th. The age never seemed an issue. They catered for his needs whatever and all the different ages mixed really beautifully. There is always going to be the "big boys" and "big girls" group who naturally gravitate towards each other but they are vigilant and supportive. Your little one will have a great time!