Just moved here, looking for a baby group, help please!

Macdona

Hi all,

My husband and I moved our family down to East Dulwich 3 weeks ago from Derbyshire and living on Landells Rd. I'm a stay at home mum and looking for a baby group or similar to go to with Noah who's nearly 1, while his older sister (Jessie 8) and brother (Dylan 6) are at school. I'm just the wrong side of 30, and will go potty if I don't find some people to talk to or grab a coffee with soon.

Anybody know any groups, or have some free time in the week to help me get to know a new area?

Thanks, Hayley

p.s) I realise this sounds a little bit like a lonely hearts ad... I do have friends in London but they work and don't live in ED... I promise you I am not mental(ish).

The one o clock club over on Peckham Rye would be a good place to go for both your little one and you - it's open some mornings and afternoons, have a look here: http://www.ivydale.southwark.sch.uk/childrenscentre_detail.asp?Section=23&Ref=237

There are always people there to chat to, but it's nice and laidback so if you're having one of those days you don't feel any pressure to be sociable!

i think there used to be stay at home mum meet ups organised through the forum too possibly, worth a search maybe.

The Monday afternoon group at the albrighton centre is a good group for that age and attended by lovely mums. The albrighton centre is located on the estate opposite the big sainsburys. Also there are a couple of good drop in music classes which I would recommend too - tippee toes music and bea's baby bop.

I'm also a sahm to a 3 year old girl and a 13 month old boy, if you fancy meeting up at all drop me a line.

Hi there,

Cheeky C's runs on Monday mornings, as well as Thursdays and Fridays from 9.30-12.00.

It is drop in so feel free to attend any time between 9.30-12.00!

Details are below hope to see you there

Kind Regards

Annabelle

Cheeky C's the fun, creative and exciting playgroup which is split into different C's!

The Cheeky C's:

Construction Corner: (garage, duplo, trains and train track, cars, mega blocks, wooden blocks, castle, popoids and huge building blocks perfect to build the tallest tower!)

Camping Corner: (pop up tents, tunnel, fire engine tent, castle tent, peppa pig tent, circus tent, and sea world tents!)

Creative Corner: (plasticine, shape cutters, rolling pins, stickers, paper, face masks, crayons, paints, pens, colouring pages, drawing pad where children can pick up a crayon and create masterpieces!)

Cosy Corner (full of lovely cushions, throws, dolls, prams, cots and the cutest soft toys!)

Crazy Corner (scuttle bugs, crazy coupe cars, rockers, rocking horse, and a friendly dinosaur ride on!)

Cooking Corner (wooden play kitchen, play food, shop table with tills, shopping trolley, basket and children's dinning table to have fabulous tea parties!)

Concert Corner (music instruments, drums, xylophones, shakers, trumpets, and tamborines to make sweet music!)

Costume Corner (exciting princess and fairy costumes, doctors costume and medical kit, magicians costume, Fire mans costume and hat!)

Concentration Corner(full of beautiful picture books and exciting reading books and fun puzzles!)

Coffee Corner (for parents to sit and enjoy a quality cup of coffee (cappuccino/latte/mocha) and a scrumptious snack!)

There will be proper coffees, teas, smoothies, snacks, and toast! (decaf is available too)

At Greendale Hut,Greendale Road, East Dulwich, London, SE22 8TE (Next to JAPS)

Feel free to drop in anytime between 9.30-12.00

Prices per session:

?4.00 per child

?2.50 per sibling

?2.00 per baby under one

0-3 months FREE