19 month old sleeping post holiday help needed!

We returned from our holiday about 10 days ago and since then our 19 month will not go to bed!

She has always been an excellent sleeper, whereby we would watch In the Night Garden, take her upstairs to her cot and she would literally roll over and go to sleep.

When we were on holiday we went out most evenings and she would fall asleep in her pushchair and we would transfer her to her cot when we cot in.

Since we have been home she refuses to go to bed in her cot. She literally starts shaking her head and crying as we walk up the stairs and screams the place down. We have brought her routine back to how it was before we went on holiday, but she just goes mental! We have tried sitting next to her cot, rubbing the stomach, lying on the day bed in her room (so we create some distance) but the minute we move she opens her eyes and we are back to square one. it is like she is keeping herself half awake.

LAst night she made herslef sick when my BF left the room. We have left her but she gets worse!

I am stuck with what to do. When she was a baby I did the whole not looking, picking up, rocking etc and it worked, but at this age she is so much more aware and obviously stnads in her cot.

I am wondering if anyone has any advice. I am thinking about the CC, leaving her for 5 mins, then 10 mins etc. HAs anyone done this with a LO similar age to mine and if so did youhave any success?

Any other tips gratefully recieved as we want our evenings back and our happy little sleeper!

We had difficulties getting our then 18 month old back to her bedtime routine post holiday. In our case, when on holiday we had to stay in her room until she fell asleep and she expected the same at home. We did a gradual retreat over a course of 3 weeks, from sitting by her cot, edging closer to the door each night, door ajar then finally door shut. I appreciate your situation is slightly different but maybe wait a really long time in her room until she is in a deep sleep before leaving and gradually retreat in time and place from there? Sorry, not much great advice there but on the plus side, every holiday since then she has happily slept all alone in a bedroom and had absolutely no problems once home, so don't let it put you off! Good luck!

Thanks. Glad we are not alone! We went away last year and she was fine but so much younger! Glad to hear your LO has also been good since as I did joke that I wouldn't be wanting to go away again if we have this to come back to!

We tried the CC waiting 5,10,15 mins to go back to her room and I am pleased to say she was asleep within 35 mins! She woke once about an hour later but a quick reassurance and she fell back to sleep within 5 minutes. I know it's not for everyone but I'm hoping it will work again tonight and in a few days she will be back to happy little sleeper!