Success with a Woombie Convertible?

Just wondering if anyone has experience of the woombie convertible or swaddling past 20 weeks...

Baby 2 is nearly 20 weeks and still swaddled at night in a woombie original. He is quite long and almost filling his BabyBay, so in preparation for moving him into a big cot I dug out Baby 1's old grobags and we attempted a cold turkey switch to a sleeping bag last night.

He went down to bed after his evening feed as usual but then didn't really settle well and seemed to think it was party time (unheard of for him as he's usually dead to the world during the first few hours of night time sleep). I switched him into the Woombie and resettled him when we went to bed and he slept from then on as normal.

Like his brother, he is a little Houdini which is why we opted for the Woombie - no means of escape! I think he needs to be swaddled for longer but I'm keen to start transitioning him to having his arms out in as case he starts to roll. I also have to pin his legs down with a light sheet otherwise he wakes himself up by constantly lifting them up and banging them back down onto the mattress. In the day he naps in the BabyBay with no swaddle and just a sheet & blanket tucked over his legs (or in the sling / pram if we're out and about).

I've found the Woombie Convertible which allows you to leave one or both arms out and just wondered if anyone had had success with one of these? Or should I just stop worrying and carry on swaddling him and try again at 6 months?