Physio recommendation - SPD/PGP

DVnewbie

Hi - can anybody recommend a good local physio who can help with PGP (pelvic girdle pain)? I'm 32 weeks pregnant and now struggling to walk without pretty severe pain. I've been waiting nearly 5 weeks for physio on the NHS and have had enough now! (And so have my children and work...) Thank you!

I went to ESPH on Lordship Lane who have a resident physio. It is expensive( but no more than other private physios) but like you I could hardly walk and the midwives wouldn't refer me in time. After 3 sessions I could walk much better and if I'd had more time pre birth they offer Pilates classes too.

Hiya, not a physio but Daniel Harvey from Dulwich Chiropractic worked magic when I had severe SPD. I could barely walk but just a couple of sessions really improved it massively - I could walk, sit, sleep - all those things had been very painful before. He's not too expensive and normally you can get appointments quickly (http://www.dulwichchiropractic.co.uk/_)

Good luck! mx

I'd second Russell on Crystal Palace Road. His practice is called Dulwich Physio and he's based above DMC. I had bad SPD during my last pregnancy and he really helped. If you have private healthcare they may cover the costs - I am with AXA PPP via work and he is/was on their list.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally empathise re the PGP, I hope you're copying with it better than I am! I go to the expectant mothers' clinic at the British School of Osteopathy on Southwark Bridge Road. It's a little far to get to if mobility is an issue for you and you will have rotating osteopath students if you attend on a regular basis. Other than that, I have only positive things to say about them - the tutors are excellent, the one who I see on a regular basis is also trained as a midwife as well as osteopath.

Hope you find someone soon and the PGP eases....

Thanks for all the recommendations! I have been to see Alsion who is an osteopath based at Dulwich Natural Therapy Rooms and it seems to be helping... I was on crutches before I went (and still use them if I need to venture more than about 50m!) but it's definitely helped. I've resigned myself to being mostly housebound until the baby arrives - fingers crossed it goes away after that.... Thanks again!