stagecoach at bessemer grange

Hi - one of my children goes to the Friday night classes. The kids who go - at least on Fridays anyway - tend to stay on for years and years (10 years not unusual) which helps create a very friendly atmosphere. The shows they put on are always really good and the older stages get lots of opportunity to perform as individuals (solo songs, playing lead parts etc). I'm not sure I can assess how effective/good the teaching is, but the older stages always seem amazing to me and the school must have had a part to play in that, although of course I expect that kids drop out if they feel they aren't very good at it.

I do think your kid needs to love singing dance and drama though! That might sound obvious, but I've seen it suggested that it's a good thing to do in order to simply build confidence and I'm a bit sceptical about that.

Also, the franchise was run for many years by a really nice chap called Jonny and has recently been taken over by somebody new - it's too early to say if this is going to change anything. She's very nice and friendly although we've noticed an increase in the options for spending more money (trips, lamda exams etc)!

I completely agree with largeginandtonic. My two kids attend the stagecoach on Friday night. One is in early stages and the other one is older stage. Both enjoy their time on Friday. Even my little one sacrifices Film club in the school on some of the Fridays for Stagecoach.

If your child likes singing and dancing will enjoy the class.