Brownies - times of meetings

Do Brownie packs always meet at around 5.30 after school? I've heard back from one near Miss Oi's school (but not that close to home) to this effect, and it would be really inconvenient for us! But is this the same for all packs in the area? Off the top of my head I think the other two I put in the form were in North Dulwich and Herne Hill.

Any info about Brownies very gratefully received. I always wanted to do brownies but never did so v keen for Miss Oi to have a go.

North Dulwich meet at 6pm on a Monday and I think they're all that sort of time. From experience the waiting lists tend to move fairly quickly - we were told it was 18 months but it ended up being more like 3!

Also check what different packs are like. Some may be more active than others e.g. doing more badges, activities, while others can be much less active and more arts and crafts based. I think the leaders have a lot of influence on the approach taken. Your daughter may prefer one approach to another.

Thanks for this info. North Dulwich is one of the packs we're interested in. In a way 6 is better than 5.30. Can you park near that one - if it's that late I'm going to need to drive and I think parking is an issue at our first choice (Denamrk Place).

Nunhead, how can you find out that kind of info? miss Oi would definitely prefer something more active, though she does like a bit of craft, and I'm crap at it, so that could be win-win.

Thanks for this info, very helpful for a brownie novice!

oimissus - not sure how you find out about the different packs other than maybe asking on here, unless you know folk who go? My daughter's at a pack in Honor Oak and we've been quite disappointed at how little they do. She likes the chance to hang out with friends but they haven't done a single badge in the last 2 years!

Also might be worth considering cubs if you can't find a suitable Brownie pack? My son and daughter both attend a pack on College Rd, session is 6:30 - 8pm. A great mixture of indoor and outdoor activities, lots of badge opportunities, and a nice mix of boys and girls.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Hmmm, millions of animals are killed each year to eat in this country.  10,000 animals (maybe many more) reared to be eaten by exotic pets, dissected by students, experimented on by cosmetic and medical companies.  Why is this any different? Unless you have a vegan lifestyle most of us aren't in a position to judge.  I've not eaten meat for years, try not to buy leather and other animal products as much as possible but don't read every label, and have to live with the fact that for every female chick bred to (unaturally) lay eggs for me to eat, there will be male that is likely top be slaughtered, ditto for the cow/milk machines - again unnatural. I wasn't aware that there was this sort of market, but there must be a demand for it and doubt if it is breaking any sort of law. Happy to be proved wrong on anything and everything.
    • I don't know how spoillable food can be used as evidence in whatever imaginary CSI scenario you are imagining.  And yes, three times. One purchase was me, others were my partner. We don't check in with each other before buying meat. Twice we wrote it off as incidental. But now at three times it seems like a trend.   So the shop will be hearing from me. Though they won't ever see me again that's for sure.  I'd be happy to field any other questions you may have Sue. Your opinion really matters to me. 
    • If you thought they were off, would it not have been a good idea to have kept them rather than throwing them away, as evidence for Environmental Health or whoever? Or indeed the shop? And do you mean this is the third time you have bought chicken from the same shop which has been off? Have you told the shop? Why did you buy it again if you have twice previously had chicken from there which was off? Have I misunderstood?
    • I found this post after we just had to throw away £14 of chicken thighs from Dugard in HH, and probably for the 3rd time. They were roasted thoroughly within an hour of purchase. But they came out of the oven smelling very woofy.  We couldn't take a single bite, they were clearly off. Pizza for dinner it is then. Very disappointing. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In