Taxi to King's?!

Hi ladies. I just realised that I still not made any plans how to get to King's when my labour starts. I don't have a car or anyone who could take us.

Is there any cab companies around east dulwich /forest hill who don't mind taking woman in labour to hospital!?

I remember i took cab 4 years ago when was in labour but don't remember which cab company was that.

Thanks.

Uber or addison lee are fine. Don't worry, the waters breaking thing is not as dramatic as it sounds.

Top tip for travelling in labour: wear tena lady pants to catch any drips. They are crazy absorbent and will soak up your waters if they break. Sorry if TMI :-)

Here?s a tip I was late to the game in learning: if you go to and fro Hospital in a black cab (order on Gett) then you can wheel your pushchair in and won?t require a car seat.

You can always call a firm in advance and just check if you?re concerned. Legally, they can?t refuse you! I put one of those bed pads down on the seat, to be polite more than anything else.

MrsTP that's terrible advice. Please don't call an ambulance, unless it's absolutely an emergency(e.g. unplanned home birth or someone is unconscious, or bleeding badly). Ambulances are not hospital taxi's, and if it's too uncomfortable to sit in a car then the same will apply to an ambulance. If it's too late for a taxi (i.e. baby is on its way out) please do call 999 and they will send a community midwife & a paramedic to you. Please don't use the ambulance service as a free taxi to hospital.

Mrs TP Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I said to call one if you are not coping - i.e.

> you need one / it's an emergency. Go patronise

> someone else.

I'm not patronising you, I'm chastising you for giving terrible advice. It's still terrible. If you're not coping please DONT call an ambulance, get yourself to hospital in the manner you have planned. Ambulances are for emergencies only - most labours are not emergencies (appreciating there will always be exceptions such as those I mentioned in a PP).

vicki08 - Oh my! brave choice, gulp!