Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I find this happens more and more these days - especially on Sunday evenings or early in the week. I just no longer believe advertised opening hours in bars and restaurants I find it annoying and I understand Sue's annoyance But as Spartacus' excellent post makes clear - it's not really any of the business fault these days. Overheads are astronomically higher and I'm sure they would like to have a full restaurant and keep place open. Customer behaviours has changed and loads of places are having to be nimble and do the best they can. That won't always align with what I want. Sign of the times   (sidenote: no,  Brexit didn't cause this. But as with everything in GB, it's there as an additional factor and makes it that bit worse than other countries face with similar post-pandemic challenges)
    • Wondered if anyone knew if the Hillsborough Road school restriction will be lifted during the road works, as access in and out is going to be difficult from Glengarry on to EDG. 
    • Ditto - he did a good job for me in the past. I managed to speak to him recently for a quote but despite many messages, he never called back…
    • Parodying was exactly what I was going for, being tired of all the attacks on OneDulwich, left, right and centre.  I don't agree with the statement that both groups use the same tactics. And certainly the overall goal is different. OneDulwich never said the LTN is bad overall, only that it is not a suitable solution for Dulwich. Clean Air Dulwich never mentioned anyone living on a main or boundary road affected by LTN. I live on a busy road which has become very busy after LTN introduction. I have lost a lot. People on Calton Av were living on a quiet road which became very quiet after LTN introduction. They have lost nothing. Shifting dirt, pollution and noise from A to B is damaging to those living on the busy roads and does nothing for environment as the amount of dirt and pollution remains the same.  There is no reliable data which would confirm LTN does what it claims – essays produced by Anna Goodman & Co do not count since she is a cyclist and belongs to LCC. It is like asking vegetarians if they like fruit and vegetables. If the LTN did what it claims want to do / has done, then every council in London and all cities and towns in UK would implement it. In a meantime, Southwark Council refused to participate in the government review of LTN – why, if they are so proud of it and so confident it does work? Why don’t they produce the data and try to encourage others to take it also?
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In