Ballet class

Hi Sparky74,

There is a lovely, relaxed and fun class at Ivydale School on Friday's from 4 to 4.30pm for the age 3+ (older children then on successive 30 minute sessions) - run by a lady called Fiona Foster and worth considering if you can persuade you budding Darcy Bussell to wait another 6 months!

Molly

x

McAlpine dance studio - knatchbull rd se5

great teachers especially louisa, they have a class for 2-3yr olds and then pre primary from 3-4yrs

very reasonable prices too and my eldest loves it

www.mcalpinedance.com

Our daughter started at the south london dance studio (Herne Hill next to the local Sainsburys) when she was 2.5 last Jan. She absolutely loves it. She wears the obligatory little pink tutu leotard and wrapover cardie, they have 45 min lessons with 'Miss Laura' and they pretend to be Australian animals, do choo choo train congas read about Angelina Ballerina and have learned first and second position - so far. Quite relaxed and they change the activities lots to take account of their attention spans.

Very cute.

I would like to my two to try that but most of these classes are either nap time or too close to school pick up for no 1.

Molly, yours sounds like the best time, when mine get to three anyway! Are there any boys there?

ryedalema Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Our daughter started at the south london dance

> studio (Herne Hill next to the local Sainsburys)

> when she was 2.5 last Jan. She absolutely loves

> it. She wears the obligatory little pink tutu

> leotard and wrapover cardie, they have 45 min

> lessons with 'Miss Laura' and they pretend to be

> Australian animals, do choo choo train congas read

> about Angelina Ballerina and have learned first

> and second position - so far. Quite relaxed and

> they change the activities lots to take account of

> their attention spans.

>

> Very cute.

Our daughter is probably in the same class as yours, ryedalemama (Saturday morning?). I too can vouch for how great it is and how much she loves it. I am constantly amazed how Miss Laura keeps them all in line, while giving them an experience that clearly stimulates them - you see them really concentrating. And better than anything, my husband and I get 45 minutes on our own to have a coffee and an end of week catch up in peace!

There is a really cute boy in the Sat am class.

• 1 year later...