24 Hours in A&E

Anyone else watching this series? The medical team are amazing and the production is great. I'm not generally a watcher of medical-type programmes but there is something about this series which is fascinating. I watched it last year when I was on maternity leave and had recently had quite a lot of first hand experience of Kings!

They don't seem to shoot any scenes in the children's A&E section, which is just as well.

I have great admiration for all staff at Kings in the A and E dept. Seems like it is my second home there and are amazing. Infact the staff on Sam Oram ward are also amazing and some of those nurses need mire recognition than they get!

Whilst I am praising the staff at Kings I would also like to say that my baby was born at 28 weeks and spent tube in NICU and SCBU- amazing amazing amazing staff there too!!

yes i deffinitly agree my labour there was amazing and when i was rushed to a&e 2 weeks after for mistitus they were so quick and efficent! i was there when they were filming but tbh i would rather not be see on tv in my pyjamas lol!!

I agree, Kings A&E are fantastic. I have also had excellent care from Haematology Outpatients. And I can thank their new policy of scanning all women at 32 weeks for saving my baby's life. All the staff in Harris Birthright centre, antenatal and labour wards were so wonderful, and reassured me at an incredibly stressful time.

I hope they find out about this thread!

Another huge fan of the programme and the staff. I always make a point of emailing them when I've had a positive experience as I understand the messages get passed to the staff and they all get a boost knowing what a great job they have done. I occasionally see one of the special care nurses on the bus in the morning and it brings me to tears when I remember her kindness in the early hours of the morning when my youngest was in their care (now a strapping 6 year old).

I have only ever recieved excellent care from Kings; whether in A&E for myself, or my children. My husband was injured last year and was taken to A&E and then treated as an outpatient in the Oral-Maxillofacial dept, and I have had two babies by c/s at Kings. Each and every time, I have extremely impressed, and grateful, for the level of care we have all recieved. I feel lucky to have such an excellent hospital on my doorstep.

Thankyou, Kings and all your staff!

My son and I were approached to be miked-up for the series. My son was at that floppy stage, fever of 105, not even really knowing who I was. Seemed a bit bizarre. However, think the programme is fab and shows just how amazing those doctors, nurses and other staff at the hospital are.

yes, they were filming when we were there a couple of months ago, they didn't approach us but the family next to us were miked up. We couldn't agree on whether we'd have done it if we'd been approached! I think it is an amazingly well made programme.

We only just watched the first episode last night, but were saying the production team must jump for joy when the likes of the two old boys from Bermondsey walk through the doors, they made fantastic viewing.

I too love watching this. Although I must say, I'm finding it very difficult to watch this series just through experiences ive had with the hospital itself since the last series took place. Its very weird. They were filming when I was there on my last occasion, I'm hoping if I'm in the background of any footage I'm heavily blurred out!!!

On a positive note, after taking my daughter there in the last few weeks I can't praise the children's a&e department enough.

Pickle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We only just watched the first episode last night,

> but were saying the production team must jump for

> joy when the likes of the two old boys from

> Bermondsey walk through the doors, they made

> fantastic viewing.

They were really fantastic. I hope they are able to be friends for a long time to come.

• 4 weeks later...
Oh my goodness, the young couple on tonight's episode who felt the staff should be 'juggling' to entertain them and couldn't believe they had to wait for 2 hours (v good in A&E!) to be seen for a minor injury were incredible! Were they for real? How spoilt?!

The ironing board-related injury was simply ridiculous!

How sweet were the two older couples that had been together for years and years. I love the description of the how one chap met Rose (I think that is her name) on the last day of school at a dance!