What do you really want people to buy your kids for Christmas?

Every year we buy my sister-in-law's 4 children ranging from 3 to 7, clothes for Christmas as they always get mountains of toys and other toot from friends/the rest of the family. What with only having 117 shopping days left I thought I'd start having a think....

This year we wanted to do something a bit more special. Was thinking of getting gift vouchers for a family day out somewhere or maybe personalised keepsake items? Any of you mums out there got any ideas?

If you do legoland or many other days out or theatre trips etc., do check back to the fount of all knowledge (forum) and ask for advice re vouchers. For example, legoland is the most expensive day out known to man but you can get Tesco vouchers exchanged by a factor of four for it. Other offers abound.

Never pay full price in a cafe rouge or pizza express again, ever!

Well, as you're asking;

An ability recognise slum conditions (her bedroom) & to act to remedy them for teen daughter.

Good manners and some va-va-voom for my teen sons (where do the years of training go when they hit 13 - or 12 in youngers case? Actually I can answer that; they go into whatever 'machine' they're hooked into at the time I think!)

A dog that picks up its own poo for youngest son (& if it could walk itself too now & again that would be great).

Plus, a winning lottery ticket for MrS please.

That should do us fine.

Children like gifts more than taking a trip, though vacations are always a plus if you also get gifts on them!!! It all depends on age group but as the trend is now being witnessed, children are now preferring gadgets and alike type of gifts such as ipods, psps,etc.

A voucher for the theatre would be my choice. The Childrens Polka theatre in in Wimbledon have lovely productions at Christmas that really put you in the mood...or a good old fashioned pantomime. So special to go as a family and so expensive once you have a few kids. Vouchers would be a great help.

Book tokens for the older ones? My 5 year old daughter loved going to the bookshop and getting to choose her own book. Something completely different, but this gets played with a lot by my 2 and 5 year old http://www.maudesport.com/rody_riders-gymnic-161370-26048 (Rody Horse). They do a bigger version which costs more but would probably suit the age range of the kids you are buying for. I think it's called the Rody Max

my best presents at this age were the lady next door who did not have children made me a special box decorated with my name on it and full of straw/ cotton wool with lots of little things in- well Sindy clothes and bubble bath anyway! maybe a ladybird book. The box was always a cardboard box painted with my name and it is so obvious to me now that she loved me to pieces and wished she could have children. It must have taken her a while but it was always SO special. it might be a bit labour intensive for 4 children but its just an idea.

that is really lovely, what a thoughtful, special lady! I could get started now on something like that!

womanofdulwich Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> my best presents at this age were the lady next

> door who did not have children made me a special

> box decorated with my name on it and full of

> straw/ cotton wool with lots of little things in-

> well Sindy clothes and bubble bath anyway! maybe a

> ladybird book. The box was always a cardboard box

> painted with my name and it is so obvious to me

> now that she loved me to pieces and wished she

> could have children. It must have taken her a

> while but it was always SO special. it might be a