Anyone know a Good Roofer?

traveler2

Iv'e used Darren of dl roofing found on ed forum. He sorted out a guttering problem and roofing pro lem. Very quick response and very pleasant. Both problems solved very quickly and efficiently. Very reasonably priced. No hesitation in recommending him.

I have had lots of work done to my Victorian house.

In my experience roofers are by far the most unreliable tradesmen. Don't turn up for quotes. Incorrect quotes. Don't get back to you with quote. Lazy. Poor quality work.

Good luck!

I feel so strongly about this that when I get more time, I plan to get together with others (possibly from ED Forum) to produce a set of detailed reviews for SE London roofers.

Make sure you get detailed photographs before and after the work. Keep a diary of what was done when.

Hi,

I've posted a few reviews on here about Hamilton Walters - they are general builders and roofers. They repaired our kitchen roof as well as the rafters which were sagging and we had numerous broken tiles. They were pragmatic enough to reuse / keep the good material (battens and felt) to keep costs down. They repaired the broken guttering and replaced what was not reusable and were quick - it took 2 guys 2 days (it was a small roof). They even tested it with a hose to check for leaks - I have no complaints at all.

Call Lenny on 07780 004007.

• 2 weeks later...

Finch,

I can't agree more. I had 4 roofing companies come by last week to survey the roof- 2 recommended by this forum. Of the 4, only 1 gave me a quote which was ?2k for a days work! I wish I had his job. I took a day off work to spend time with these "professionals" and the result was terrible. When you want to do those reviews, count me in.

Trav

• 4 months later...

Hello jrpfinch,

I've read your much earlier comments about damp. I was wondering how you got on after Ralph Burkinshaw? I am hoping he will give a second opinion.

After a major refurb of our Victorian house, we have a new damp problem in our basement - water marks above the (new) skirtings meant tiles needed to come up during snagging and revealed water sitting on the floor underneath. It hasn't been the best project!!

The contractor's supposed independent man talked about the staircase having to come out, the tiled floors up and ripping out all the cabinetry we've had made in order to treat the damp. I don't know what to believe - it is terrifying.

Someone must know the definitive answer. Did you find it?!

Highly recommend Gulliver timber Treatments 01959 524966 (Based in Sevenoaks but more than happy to come to SE22). Lee Horton came round,, was scrupulously honest, told me exactly what I need to do (none of which required the services of his company) and also spotted some faulty drainage elsewhere while he was here. Highly impressed.