Recommended Roofer

franni

I know that Jeff LaTouche 07956 162238 has been recommended here before but as I have just had some more work done, I want to say it all over again.

Why is Jeff a good roofer?

a) He turns up when he says he will

b) He takes photographs of the problems he finds so you can see what he means

c) He talks to you sensibly about options and prices

d) He organises the scaffolding for you

e) He does the work when he says he will

f) His prices are very reasonable

g) He is extremely pleasant to deal with

I hope that I won't need a roofer again (he has been correcting the "mistakes" of a very poor loft extension) but if I did, he is the one I would call

I'd also like to add a recommendation for Jeff. Another roofer who is highly recommended on this forum let us down several times and was very unresponsive. As a result we looked into who else was recommended on the forum and came across Jeff. He came round quickly and provided a very reasonable quote, less than the other roofer had quoted. He was also pragmatic when saying what work was "need to have" versus "nice to have".

Jeff worked to a very high standard. Tasks included replacing guttering, pointing, missing tiles, etc. When he was doing the work he came across various other small tasks that needed some work but which he hadn't quoted for. He did these without asking for any more money.

He is also a really friendly genuine guy who it was a pleasure to have around.

I would not hesitate to recommend Jeff or have him work on our house again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add to this...

I called Jeff Latouche in desperation when water started leaking from my roof into my bedroom (after seeing this thread recommending him). He was completely straight up about when he could and couldn't come - and stuck to it. He took photos of the issues and talked me through them. He fixed it swiftly and charged me an extremely fair price - which was great because frankly I was desperate and prime to be ripped off! Very impressed, would definitely recommend and use again.

• 2 weeks later...

Most roofers I've met/used have been a nightmare, even ones recommended on EDF.

I've used Klaus before. He's been excellent and good value. Unfortunately he was injured in a car accident and is now so overloaded with work it's almost impossible to get hold of him.

I had a v disappointing experience with Chris Ball Roofing. I'm happy to supply photos/emails etc on this experience via PM if anyone's thinking of using them.

I hope Jeff is genuinely reliable, as I may have some more roofing work to do soon.

• 10 months later...

Hello EDF,

I just wanted to add my recommendation for Jeff Latouche (07956 162238). In recent weeks Jeff has done several roofing jobs on our building which had sadly been neglected over the years - leaking bay roofs, collapsed soffit, worn felt, missing chimney pots. Each time Jeff offered a sensible, pragmatic and cost-effective approach to fixing the problem - I am a happy customer!!

Thanks for reading

Carol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to speak to Jeff for over a month now. He committed to coming to complete the work, and has let us down 3 times, due to staff being injured, then problems with his van. I have left 2 voicemails, 3 texts and 1 email in the last week and have sent him a link to this thread, with my comment above, but I've not had any of my calls returned.

Jeff, this is another attempt to get you to call us back, we just want you to come and finish the work, we understand sometimes more than one visit is required to fix a problem and you've been trying to get it solved, so happy to have you back to try again, but please do not disappear on us. We have paid in full, but the leak is not solved and this process o trying to get you to come back is very very distressing.

Happy to give feedback via PM if you are thinking of contacting Jeff.