The Great Exhibition Pub Slippery Decking

DEGRO

Long story short my dh and I have just returned from what should have been a pleasant evening at The Great Exhibition pub.

We usually love the fact that we can take our two dogs there and relax after work with a meal and a glass of wine.

Tonight was spoiled by slippery decking, hostile staff and an ineffective manager.

We asked to sit outside (the inner outside section) and it became apparent our dogs were an issue for the staff coming out of the kitchen but instead of asking us to move we were subjected to loud complaints between the staff with no actual request directed to us.

Then, while taking a phone call, I heard a commotion behind me and turned to see a lady had slipped on the the extremely slippery wooden decking. I watched my husband get up to help her and consequently he slipped a second later leaving both him and her on the floor!

You would think at this point there would be concern from the staff but not much attention was given until about 20 minutes later when a waitress apologised to the lady who fell and said her and her friend's drinks would be taken off their bill.

The lady asked the waitress whether our drinks would be taken off too to which the waitress responded she'd call the manager.

A man came out a few minutes later to tell us and the other two ladies the outside area was closed and we needed to move inside.

I asked where the manager who was supposed to come and talk to us was and he said he was the manager. Apparently the waitress had not spoken to him so I asked why the girl had been compensated but not my husband and his excuse was he was only a shift manager and didn't think what had happened to my husband warranted free drinks?! He then proceeded to tell us he had fallen himself recently but still no attempt was made to compensate us. He asked again that we move inside at which point we left.

Needless to say The Great Exhibition is no longer top of my list for ED pubs to visit and certainly bottom of my list in terms of service and safety.

My husband came away with a glowing bruise and I now wish we hadn't left a tip.