Good-good-good, good vibrations

In praise of a gem of an East Dulwich business, from which I have gained a very great deal. High Vibes in Melbourne Grove was first suggested to me by the osteopath at a local GP surgery to overcome lower back pain. In the years I've been 'vibing', not only am I pretty much free of back problems, I have (with dietary changes) lost weight and kept it off, and built up my core and other muscular strength, tone, and suppleness. High Vibes complements my weekly swimming regime perfectly.

In middle age you have a choice, really: Let yourself become a pot-plant, accumulating flab, aches, and chronic illnesses. Or you can invest a little time and grunt in yourself, and continue (all being well) to live a fit, active life. I know which I've chosen.

Owned and run by local resident Gianni Ingrosso, the feeling at High Vibes, while totally serious about exercise, is friendly, laid-back and unpretentious, avoiding the more egregious aspects of gym culture which might (if you're like me) put you off a larger studio.

A High Vibes session involves a half-hour of warm-up, strengthening, stretching and relaxing exercises, similar to practices like yoga and Pilates. Gianni and his instructors are helpful, attentive, knowledgeable and positive, which you really need to get the most out of vibrating-plate exercise.

How does vibration work? Apparently, it destabilises the contacted body area, forcing muscle groups to 'guess' what is happening as they attempt to re-stabilise. This makes exercise more effective, more quickly, and also improves circulation.

I can very warmly recommend High Vibes to anyone. Gianni offers a free intro session, and generous discounts for block booking. Altho I've fleetingly crossed paths with many other High-Vibers it would be really great to hear from others who enjoy and have been helped by Gianni and his team.

(And to lay to rest any suspicions, my only connection to High Vibes is as a satisfied customer!)

Lee Scoresby

I second this recommedation. The High Vibe studio is very welcoming whilst being focused on delivering an efficient and effective workout. I have used Power Plate machines on and off for about 6 years and think that it is one of the fastest ways of toning up and slimming down. Gianni is a brilliant trainer as he immediately gauges your "level" and workouts are personalised, even in a group session. I always feel energised and positive post a 30mimute work out. Gianni has recently added TRX to the offering, which is amazing in conjunction with the vibrating plate. I can definitely see and feel the difference since going to High Vibe. I can't imagine a better way of kicking off the 2015 fitness resolutions.

• 3 weeks later...

I love going to power plates and I've always been terrible at going to and sticking to any exercise routine. At High Vibe you get half an hour of individual power plate training and a good workout at the right pace for you and you see results. As you pay for the sessions individually, you end up getting what you pay for, unlike the gym when you work out that you haven't been for a month.

Friends have asked me if you just stand on the plates - the answer is no, you have to exercise whilst you're on them but Gianni and his team go at the right pace for you (mine is sometimes tortoise-like, it can be as intense as you choose). There's a good atmosphere and a lovely relaxed mix of people getting fit, sporty types, male and female and young and old - not just mums getting back into shape (although that's how I started there when I used to go and leave my baby sleeping in her pram by reception). It's also great for your circulation. I can't recommend it highly enough: http://www.highvibe.co.uk

• 2 months later...
Finally I've found an exercise regime that motivates me, is fun and actually shows results! Highvibe has a friendly, welcoming environment. Gianni offers encouragement but also pushes you to work harder. In under 2 months I'm already seeing results. I love this place and would encourage anyone to join!

• 1 year later...
I can highly recommend High Vibe on Melbourne Grove too - I'm not a fan of the gym but have really found a way for me to keep fit that I enjoy. Despite having two babies I am currently at my fittest and leanest thanks to Gianni and his team. The 30 minute workouts are really easy to fit in to my packed days and if I have to take my kids with me they happily sit and watch! Brilliant, thank you!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

thanks for all for the recommendations. Glad to hear you enjoy and see the benefits of training at High Vibe.

Just wanted to make people aware of our new offering which is going down really well with existing clients.

Can you drop a dress size in 6 weeks? Read more - http://www.highvibe.co.uk/6-week-challenge-anyone/

Any questions give us a call 02086933955 or email [email protected]

Thanks for reading.

Gianni

• 11 months later...

Happy new year folks! I'm sure many of you are considering different fitness options and trying to get 2018 off to a positive start health wise. If so we are offering a 6 week program, called the 6 week challenge. We ran it a couple of times last year and it was a huge success with many clients having great results.

If you don't know who we are or what we do check out www.highvibe.co.uk or www.facebook.com/highvibelondon

Here's a recent testimonial: "Perfect for busy people who can?t spend two hours in the gym. And the results are amazing. Couldn?t recommend it more." There are many, many more on FB and google.

There seem to be many misconceptions around vibration plate training.Contrary to popular belief, you don't just stand on the plate while it wobbles your fat away. You have to put in the effort but the results for the time invested are great.

High Vibe was established in 2010, so we've been going for 8 years, our training methods work or we wouldn't have survived this long. We offer a Free trial http://www.highvibe.co.uk/book-free-trial/ get in touch and get 2018 off to a flying start. 02086933955 [email protected] Thanks, Gianni