Another recommendation for Aaron the plasterer.

WhataGuddle

I'd like to add to the many recommendations for Aaron the plasterer. This is going to be such a glowing review that you are either A; going to think I am Aaron, B; have been paid to write this by Aaron, or C; I am Aaron's best bud! Well you would be wrong, wrong and wrong.

Here is my saga. We had a firm come to do our bathroom refurb and add a downstairs loo. The work began in May and the builder took a whopping 6 weeks to install just the down stairs loo. So I spend May and half of June waiting in for people who often just didn't turn up or did turn up about 8 hours late! So prior to starting the bathroom upstairs we terminated the agreement with the builder. Finding reliable people to continue with the job has been very painful. So I marched on and started to DIY it to a degree. I deconstructed the bathroom, removed a wall and unplumbed everything. I employed a joiner to put up a new wall, which was done so poorly and a plumber to put in the new pipes, I'm not entirely sure yet if this has been done well enough, fingers crossed. I put up a patchwork of plasterboard and was left with giant channels from where the old wall was. The walls were very much different levels which I was hoping to have tiled.

I asked a very well known (on this forum) handyman/decorator to come over and quote for tiling and he ripped the bathroom to bits criticising everything concluding that he would start all over again and i could pay him 8k to sort it out but he still wouldn't be able to do it for another 2 months because as you know "anyone worth their salt wouldn't be free for ages"!! Anyway, I could have cried. I had Aaron scheduled to come in to plaster and was now very worried that it just wasn't going to come together.

Aaron arrived last Wednesday and despite the task ahead he cracked on with gusto. I asked him if it was dreadful and he relplied that it wouldn't be once he was finished. Within a couple of hours I had a beautifully plastered ceiling, and I could start to see the light at the end of this very very long tunnel. Then the walls were extensively hardwalled and plastered to make them level for tiling and the shower screens to be fitted. Aaron in the end spent 3 long days sorting it all out and the room isn't recognisable as the one I was staring at on Wednesday. Aaron AKA the "Magician of East Dulwich" as christened by me, turned up on time, worked tirelessly and the finish he has achieved was amazing. Who knew that a plastered wall could be so beautiful! Thank you again Aaron. I will have you on speed dial for any future plastering requirements.