local surveyor needed

macdonald500

Hi (I think i put this in the wrong section before - apologies). I have just had an offer on a property in ED accepted.

Could anyone recommend the surveyor they used, I dont suppose they need to be from ED but a surveyor from a smallish company or an independent surveyor would be great.

Many thanks in advance, Anne

I can highly recommend Jonathan Peck of Colin White Associates.

He carried out a survey for us last year, before we bought our Victorian terrace in Nunhead, and we were really pleased with the results. The report itself was extremely comprehensive, and very specific to our property (as opposed to some surveys I've seen which have just been cut and paste general waffle). Jon was prompt in his communication and very pleasant to deal with. For the service received, we found the price very reasonable.

We found him on the forum, so whilst not based in ED I think he does a lot of work in the area.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I just want to add another recommendation for Jon Peck - this is the third time I've used him. Twice for my personal flat and last year again for doing a buildings valuation and to observe building works taking place in our block of flats.

He's straight-talking, explains with clarity, he is very responsive and his rates are very reasonable. I'd highly recommend him. He covers:

?Valuations

?Building Surveys

?Homebuyer Reports

?Defect Analysis

?Specification for Repairs

?Contract Administration

?Party Wall Matters

?Landlord and Tenant

His details are [email protected] and number is 01732 866909.