Postal Deliveries, from Sylvester Road sorting office

Penguin68

Having had no delivery Friday/ Saturday I called in on the sorting office in Sylvester Road this morning to collect my mail, if there was any, (there was, lots) and found out there that they had had 9 posties off sick. There was a delivery locally today, but if you are missing post (no delivery, not just something expected not in your delivery) then this may be the reason. 'My' postie today was weighed down with stuff, so I assume that missed deliveries are now being delivered, but it may happen again (or may be happening on another round today).

At the sorting office they were entirely happy to hand over the delayed post - so if you've had no delivery and there is something you are urgently expecting, you could always try the sorting office. On Wednesdays (only) they are open morning and afternoon, otherwise just mornings (from 8:00 am)

There appears to be a real problem at this sorting office at the moment. They couldn't find a parcel that had been returned there for collection as we weren't in. One of our postie's told us staff shortages had created a real back log of parcels etc and that some mail was taking days to get delivered. He very kindly went and found our parcel and dropped it off on his route which was incredibly kind of him. Sounds a bit chaotic. Just passing this on in case other people are having problems or wondering where there post is!