Grove vale/ dog kennel hill currently closed both ways Sun evening

I am in shock just witnessed this poor mans last minutes of he's life I missed a 176 bus so got the 185 ...and this man ran out of the station to catch the bus I missed infront of my bus and a car hit him and he rolled in front of the bus and the bus went over his body ..we all got of the bus and within minutes there was crowds of people and 5 police cars , 4 ambulances they were taping up the area I bent down and looked under the bus and saw the man laying there under the wheels he's hand stayed upwards they covered the scence but we saw them lift the bus and put him straight onto a strecther ...into the ambulance he wasnt moving at the way they did it so quick as usally they need to move them carefully tells me hes dead I was crying my eyes out a split second he was apparently on the train ran for the bus ...didnt even no that would be hes last journey if hes dead with he defo 99% is ..I will never ever forget the hand and seeing him scarred me ...

Just seen confirmation he's defo dead sooo upsetting

Terribly sad, condolences to the family and friends of this man, who could easily be any of our neighbours.

Shirley1979, a horrible accident for you to have witnessed. I hope you have the support you need tonight and over the coming days and weeks.

Thank you @ Pickle to be honest I am in tears ...Really upsetting to know this happened at traffic lights that were green at the time ..the driver of both the car and bus were in shock..people were crying ..as it as so tragic to have had he's last journey run across the road to get hit by both a car then runover by a bus ...he lay there under the bus just past the wheels and he's hand was facing upwards...Just sooo soooo sad ..tragic a split decision that ended he's life ...I will never ever forget that image in my head :'(

Shirley - when you speak to the police n the next few days (assuming you give a witness statement) please be sure to ask for some counselling. You are right that the image in your head is likely to stick there and having some pro counselling early, might be helpful however strong you usually are or how well you usually cope with things.

Condolences to the family and friends of the dead man - and thoughts with the drivers and any other witnesses

Same here. walked past about 9.20pm while the amazing emergency services were trying to release the man from under the bus, truly horrible and tragic. Traffic was still coming towards the accident along Grove Vale at that time, but traffic coming down Dog Kennel Hill was being stopped by a man in the road.

Applespider thank you I never saw enough to give evidence as was on the bus behind the one he got run over by as missed the one that actually killed him I told them at the scene what I saw and the driver of both car and bus were there too and a few other witnesses ..but I agree the image is stuck there ..think where I saw he's body and hand and new instantly he as dead ..saddened me to think of him of his last few minutes off life , last conversation, last words, journey I work in a hospice so use to seeing people pass but where its in a loving and comfortable enviroment with family and friends and end of life makes it more comforting but to know he died alone on the wet cold floor ..devastates me ..I am just in shock and very very upset the family will be devastated ..knwoing he died that way and alone just by crossing the road quickly I think he may have come out of the station and saw the 176 and ran for it the car hit him first and the impact made him go to the other side of the road where the bus went over him just awfull really awfull made me think so much ...x

Hi all,

I was contacted this morning by the man's sister who has gone home to be with the family. He was just 22 and just moved to London, and this is of course a complete shock to all everyone - some of his family are yet to be contacted and it has been difficult to get hold of his friends. I was wondering whether I could request this thread to be deleted because the family know much less information than is stated here. The police gave a very brief description. I only came across it because I google-ed the accident and this came up. I completely understand that witnesses need to be comforted (Shirley, I cannot imagine what you saw and I sincerely hope that support is given to you), but for the meantime if a family member were to read all this, it would bring more pain than comfort. I'm happy to be contacted by a moderator or if anyone would like to discuss this, then please get in contact with my directly.

Many thanks,

Friend of victim