Conway's fly tipping

Penguin68

Over a week ago I saw a Conway's lorry tip a load of asphalt and paving stones into the roadway in Langston Rise - this goes across one carriageway, causing any car which is travelling up it to swerve into the other. More rubbish has now been added to the mess - which is marked by barriers. I am sure that Conway has permission to fly tip in our streets, they are after all paid to make as much mess of them as they can, for as long as they can, but I do dislike roads where I live being used as a dump by the council's favourite builders. Of course they have to dump stuff pro-tem, whist they are working, but over a week seems excessive.

I would be interested to hear from any councilor who reads these pages just how far Conway has to go in tacking the mick before anyone is prepared to do anything about them.

They are not so much a builder now, as an unbuilder, as far as I can see, actually making our environment steadily worse, and being paid for it out of our taxation.

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I would be interested to hear from any councilor

> who reads these pages just how far Conway has to

> go in tacking the mick before anyone is prepared

> to do anything about them.

Have you picked up the phone to complain to their office? Have you called the council? What was the response?

Have you picked up the phone to complain to their office? Have you called the council? What was the response?

I would not expect any response from either council officials or Conways into the question - 'how bad do they have to get before the council stop using them?' - which was the question I was posing to any councilors reading - as to the proximate cause of my fury - Conways has long used Langston Rise as an extension to their builders yard, keeping spoil, materials and or/ very large pieces of equipment there for as long as they like - as there are only two entrances to houses on that road, and those side entrances, it is, actually and I admit, far less disruptive to store their kit there than on other more used roads - although not storing their kit and spoil, except overnight, might anyway be preferable. When I think their actions pose an actual danger I do then contact the council, but the council does not care, and neither does Conways, if they are simply inconvenient to residents. That costs them, and Conways, nothing. Indeed, to do the 'right' thing would probably be more costly than using our streets as dumping grounds at their convenience, hence their not bothering.