Burglary this evening- playfield crescent. Cash, computer and car taken

aandl

Just wanted to alert people that we were burgled this evening. Looks like they came from Alleyns playing fields, through our neighbours garden to access ours and then forced a sash window. I may have disturbed them as car was still outside when I got home at 7.50pm but wasn't when my husband came back just before 10.

Obviously very quick and clean as I didn't notice sign of a search at all and it was only when we realised the car was missing that we saw footprints in the spare room and noticed things had gone.

Aandl,

So sorry for such a horrible experience. There seems to be a major surge in burglaries in the area. I hope you are fully compensated for your losses. Neighbours need to stick together and keep an eye on each others properties. It's a way older and retired folk can really help, when younger families and homeowners are out at work.

Copied from another burglary thread but still very relevant to this one!

"Sifting through all the burglary threads this morning makes for grim reading.

We've been done over several years ago (a 4.00am break-in while we slept upstairs and we didn't hear a thing until the stairs creaked right outside out bedroom) and my wife didn't sleep properly for months, years afterwards, imagining noises of all sorts in the dark.

But I would agree with others in that if you leave things in sight of a window or letter box then it will eventually lead to someone having a go and all the devices and locks won't make the slightest difference.

As a result of our close escape from injury, we've gone to almost bonkers lengths to avoid a repeat but which I won't go into here and it's not until you've been through the same thing that you realise just how naive/stupid you were."