Bin Waste Not Taken Help needed for Southwark

Advice wanted, the green bin was not emptied on Friday 27th May I contacted them via email online as I only noticed after their phone lines had closed.

So i filled in their online form and then answered various emails. They stated that they could not empty the bin as there was a vehicle blocking after asking for proof and as to why this has not been a problem for the brown bin that day or for a whole year they said they would take it up to three working days.

So for three days I have not used our drive way just incase they emptied the bin which has been tricky as I live on a busy road so with a baby and trying to park near the house has been difficult.

Tuesday-Thursday has come and gone and so I called them at 9.30 today and spoke to one person who could not help and transferred me to complaints where the line went dead, called again and got the direct number to call. Called complaints and got told they were to busy and to try another time the line went dead.

Emailed and got a reply saying that they wouldn't collect it as a vehicle was blocking it, if you read the other emails below they already told me they would collect the bin in three working days.

Called this afternoon and finally got transferred to a supervisor who was helpful and explained that he would try to get them to collect it and get back to me, he just called to say there is nothing he can do until Monday and he still doesn't know if they will collect it before Friday 10th June.

On Friday 27th May the bin was full. We have taken some rubbish to my parents bin who live near by but still horrible to have smelly rubbish in the car. If I wait until 10th June I will have to put the rubbish on the pavement as the bin is full which I am sure will attract the foxes. The nappies smell awful after such a long time in the bin so if the rubbish gets pulled all over the floor by the foxes what am I to do, I am supposed to clear up the rubbish or is it the council?

Any ideas of how to get them out to empty the bin??

Same experience here recently. Bin collection missed - reported same day, logged and promised to be collected in 3 days. It wasn't. When I followed up I was told the rescheduled collection wasn't done due to "operative error" but the net effect was that my missed collection was never rescheduled and was just collected as normal 2 weeks later.

Just to even it up a little, our bin guys on crystal palace Road are marvellous, I never know when it's supposed to be emptied and I never have to put it out, they slide back my courtyard gate and remove it from the bin shed, empty it and put back without me moving a finger. It's like the angels have been (if you'll pardon the pun). Possibly the crates of beer I leave them each each Christmas.....

Hope you get it sorted.