Clockhouse for food?

MikaDH

What on earth is going on at the Clockhouse?

Went there on sunday and the place was a complete shambles. Wasn't the usual friendly service and the Roast dinner was well, pretty appalling. I would have complained or just commented, but nobody seemed that interested. Other diners seemed to be just as disgruntled as me. The Clock used to be pretty good for food, and was always quite friendly so what's happened? Anyone else had this experience? think I'll stick to Rye Hotelfrom now on.

I had liver and bacon there a few weeks back, as I hadn't had it for zillions of years. Absolutely delicious but, er, contained no bacon :)

When I asked where the bacon was, after a bit of a wait, someone came and plonked down a side plate containing two rashers of bacon - no explanation, no apology :))

Couldn't be arsed to point out that liver and bacon is a dish in which the liver is cooked with the bacon ..... thereby imparting a tasty flavour to both .....

But shame the chef has left nonetheless, as it was very nice and I would have definitely eaten there again (have been less impressed with the roast in the past however - but maybe a different chef than the one who cooked Aced Out's roast .....).