Theft on Colwell Rd - Left behind compensation!....

Kengo

Just want to say a thanks to the thief that decided to steal the cover (Oxford all weather circa ?80) from my motorcycle last night and kindly leave in replacement a plastic version of the same product circa ?10 as compensation!

Thanks for the UKMTP link above, I have joined. I am lucky in that I have a garage but Southwark could use more bike parks with rails for us to lock our bikes to. I alerted James Barber to the fact that the one on corner of Lordship Lane and the pub on Northcross Road is great but on Saturdays as it is closed to traffic there needs to be another nearby. We are never near the top of the list for funding though.

I did post a while go that I thought that some secure motor bike spaces should be provided within the yellow line zones that the council insist will be installed on every junction in Southwark. No one responded so I contacted James Barber. He thought that I meant parking on double yellows. When I clarified that I meant a motorbike bay within the 7.5 metres so that the desired sight lines were still maintained while also providing secure parking he kindly forwarded it to the appropriate council officer for consideration including offering some local funding for the secure anchors. I don't have a motorbike but I do think it could also alleviate some of the extra pressure on car parking which will be caused by the yellow lines. A motorbike can take up as much room as a car especially when it needs to be chained to a tree or lamp post to stop it being stolen. I'm not holding my breath that the council will see any sense in this proposal but I must say that James Barber has done whatever he can to help. Thank you James.