Unidentified lorry shunted my car on Fellbrigg Rd

A neighbour in Fellbrigg Rd tells me he saw an extra-long lorry back into my car at around 5am on either Wednesday 8th March or Thursday 9th. All he noticed was that the lorry might have been from a plasterboard supplier (heading for the Bawdale Rd builders' merchants? Who knows...) and may have been blue. My car is damaged and I'd like to trace the owner of the lorry - did anyone else in the area see this lorry having difficulty making a turn at the junction of Fellbrigg and Bawdale? Neighbour says the lorry driver got out to check whether he'd bashed the car, but didn't leave a note - despite the fact that he obviously knew what damage he'd done.

Perhaps look at the the houses with obvious works currebtly going on near that junction and see if they had such deliveries that morning and who by.

I don't see why a large lorry would be off the beaten track like that for a reason.

I bet with an hour of pacing around you can build a map of all such sites.

A polite enquiry as to whether there's tradesmen on site who know how to fix plasterboarding and have they done it on that job (and when) - as if you were a potential customer / client - may help.

They presumably won't be aware of the collision so won't have anything to hide in that respect.

Follow-on with who do you get plasterboard from (which merchants), when was last time you used them. There's a good chance you can nail this. Once you know the supplier you can check who was delivering to that site that morning.

Fellbrigg Road is used as a cut through for many large lorries who aren't delivering close by. I believe Melbourne Grove is given as a route on some Satnavs and perhaps it's the same for Fellbrigg. It surprises me that there isn't more damage to parked cars.

nxjen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Fellbrigg Road is used as a cut through for many

> large lorries who aren't delivering close by. I

> believe Melbourne Grove is given as a route on

> some Satnavs and perhaps it's the same for

> Fellbrigg. It surprises me that there isn't more

> damage to parked cars.

Cut through to where though?

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> nxjen Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Fellbrigg Road is used as a cut through for

> many

> > large lorries who aren't delivering close by.

> I

> > believe Melbourne Grove is given as a route on

> > some Satnavs and perhaps it's the same for

> > Fellbrigg. It surprises me that there isn't

> more

> > damage to parked cars.

>

>

> Cut through to where though?

A 'fastest route' option by-passing congested LL/GV north.

Actually, I think it's a fastest route based on simple geography - it's shorter as the crow flies - you would need an application like Waze to determine traffic hold-ups. The Melbourne Grove route is suggested by sat navs even in the middle of the night, when LL is hardly congested.