ED train station - any contact email or phone number?

Google isn't coming up with much and I wanted to contact someone responsible for the station regarding the large cracks in the walkway up to platform 2 (with the building works next door, worried it could give way at some point?) and also the large nettles and brambles growing by day on both platform walkways that soon will be taking over and people will get injured (and worried about the nettles and brambles being at small child head-height).

Anyone know of any contact details? I know years ago the manager had a thread on here but it's no longer used.

Thanks

Hi Ginster,

All works within 10m of railway land have to be agreed with Network Rail. They are incredibly hard to work with - from my work experience over a number of projects/years. We always moved heaven and earth to find solutions that didn't need Network rail agreement.

At one point I met with Network Rail about this development to see if the developer could deliver a new ticket office, lifts, etc. Sadly Network Rail wouldn't talk unless ?1M was stumped up first to reinforce the railway embankment.

Working with the rail company was much more successful getting the final ramp put in place.

Network Rail will be all over this. The required permissions would take minimum 6 months to obtain. Network Rail will be monitoring this.

Nettles and brambles are the train operating company responsibility.

I've contacted the TOC and related both issues asking they come back to me when they'll be fixed.

And Southern have responded speedily by trimming back the greenery, I see ? although simply pulling up or cutting it would be better than spraying, but hey-ho. Also, the cracks leading down from platform 2 have been marked out, so hopefully some action there too.

It's great that it's been done but not great it needed intervention from a councillor or member of the public. Why can't the company keep an eye on things as part of routine maintenance? Thanks to those who helped in this case.