K and V Food and Wine

K and V Food and Wine on the corner of Elsie Road and Grove Vale will be closing their doors for the last time this Saturday after 40 years serving the community, 7 days a week from early morning until late. I should like to wish Mr and Mrs Patel all the best for the future in whatever they decide to do.

Closing down after 40 years trading as a family run business,it's been my pleasure to no A J for twenty years and I will be sorry to see him and his family go.I wish him and his wife a very happy retirement and his son and daughter good luck for the future.

A good turn out from locals (as well as friends) for AJ and family this lunchtime. As you can see from the picture it was an emotional farewell. They will be missed, but they they told me they are happy the nail bar on Elsie Road is taking over the premises as they need extra space to expand and include a spa area.

A great photo! And a bitter sweet day - happy for the family but sad for the rest of us! It was a great send-off by all accounts - I went in at one point and people had been coming all day to say goodbye. What will we do now without the lovely shop, service and interesting banter! But best of luck to all of them - a well-earned retirement.

KateFord Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> they told me they are happy the nail bar on Elsie Road is taking

> over the premises as they need extra space to

> expand and include a spa area.

Nail bar on Elsie Rd?