Trip and run...

5pm'ish

Top of Lordship Lane (Dulwich Library end)

Careless kids with dog on leash tripped my partner up (with leash). Can barely walk with injured knees.

Please be careful with dogs on leashes when other pedestrians are passing. If your kids are taking a dog out for a walk please let them know to be mindful.

Clearly an accident but they kept on walking while she was lying on ground...

DM

Don't think people are generally uncaring round here, lavender27; there are often posts on here thanking people after someone has been picked up and helped after a fall.

However, I do have a bugbear about those long extendable leads, especially when they're on small dogs. Twice while running in Peckham Rye I've nearly come a cropper when a dog owner was standing on one side of the path chatting to a friend and not paying any attention, and their dog was right over the other side of the path on a long lead. I don't think owners realise that when the leads are thin and black they're virtually invisible, like a tripwire. If I hadn't managed to pull up just in time in both cases, I'd have gone absolutely flying and taken the dog with me.

That said, yesterday while I was running along that narrow path by the old cafe (near the building works), a man stood to one side and made his dog sit at his feet as I ran past. I was impressed - both by his courtesy and his control over his dog. So there are 'good' dog owners too.

Sorry to hear about your partner's fall, OP.

Those long leads are a pain - especially to motorists. times I have edged out of my drive and jammed on brakes as dog on lead crossing in front of me where the owners are 2 houses down the road.

What about visually impaired folk who may be able to see outlines of objects but not thin leads.

Is there not some legal blurb about having control of an animal/dog?

In many places there are notices that dogs must be kept on short leads.