BMW M135i stolen Saturday morning oakhurst grove

slims

I am so sorry to hear this. I have lost a BMW and two motorbikes in the 3 years I have lived here. The car keys now live in a box at the back of the house at night.

The last bike was caught on several CCTVs systems. So many neighbours have them I was able to find a good recording. Worth asking around.

My BMW was driven around the corner and found 6 months later in a towing yard in Greenwich!!

Good luck

I'm sorry to hear this and its no consolation after the event however keyless entry vehicles are being stolen at an alarming rate by gangs using cheap relay systema to fool your car into thinking they have the key fob. Best way to protect yourself is to use an old fashioned crook lock popular in the 80's & 90's. I also hear that leaving your keys in the microwave blocks these devises from working although I've not tried it myself.

That?s my exact same thoughts, I think Someone knew it would be there. My ttrs was there for a year and I had no problems. It?s definitely a strange feeling when you start questioning where you parked it because it?s not there. I lost fitness equipment for my clients etc. In the grand scheme of things everything is replaceable. My keys were in a faraday pouch so I?m not sure how they took it. Old school steering is what?s going to be next for me. Probably go back to keys on my next car.

Did you purchase it privately or from a car dealer? Is there a connection with the car dealer and thief?

Many years ago I heard of a GP who ordered a very expensive new car to be delivered to his surgery. It came in a covered trailer lorry. Was stolen within a few days and the view of the police at that time, was that the thieves had been tipped off somewhere down the line as to make of car, delivery time and venue. Local residents had reported to police that they had seen men hanging around the surgery for several hours. Car was found shipped abroad

Very strange experience on Saturday morning - I came down to my car unlocked, with the contents of the glove box all over the front seat and the only two valuable items (sat-nav and sunglasses) taken - so sometime on Friday night.

I was unaware of the relays mentioned above - so I should be shielding my key fob in a protected location?

bobbsy Wrote:

> I was unaware of the relays mentioned above - so I

> should be shielding my key fob in a protected

> location?

Presumably this only applies to those cars where you have set it up to open automatically if you are nearby? I thought that was a bit of a risk, so that facility is turned off in my car's settings. I don't know whether the key is still broadcasting, but I can't see that it would make a difference since the car is set to ignore the key unless a button is pressed.

I would say the way to avoid this is to turn off the feature in the car, and press the button yourself when you want to unlock the car.

Thanks all for the info. My car is a standard push button fob to open the car, needing a key in the ignition to start. It wasn't stolen, but was opened somehow. The mystery remains!

Original poster slims - I hope you get some leads regarding your car.

two young ladies who i work with had their cars stolen from them,

both were held up & handed their keys over... both vehicles bmw 1series

one was around november last year in camberwell the other a few weeks later, i think in mordon

They must be popular with the criminals.....