Forum Sponsors

https://georgemonkhouse.com
xxxx
www.inshutters.co.uk

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageMelbourne Grove Medical Practice
Posted by Rosetta February 06, 02:06PM

Interested to know current views or experiences of this practice. They have had chequered reviews in the past with some really dire receptionists. All seemed to go downhill after they were taken over by Concordia more than ten years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was february 06, 11:04pm by Rosetta.

messageRe: Melbourne Grove Medical Practice
Posted by bootheyb February 06, 02:52PM

Been going there for 4 years. Never had any issues with any of the staff.

Posted by trinidad February 06, 08:46PM

I think it is pot luck, there are some truly terrific reception staff, and then there are some who need to move on. One of the things I have notice recently is a turn over of supply GPs, and the GPs often review medication on your repeat. If there is medication which can be purchased over the counter, or what the GP feels you dont need, the medication without warning will be removed from your repeat perscrption, so you will hear of this practice when you next request medication.

Last month there was a lot of supply GPs, I gave the usual 48 hours notice for a repeat medication, and went to the pharmacy to be told i had to visit melbourne grove. I went there, and the prescrption was at reception, i asked why the prescription was not with the pharmacy, and told they they only had supply GPs on today. Haf to return back to the pharmacy!!

Finally, are you aware the practice is moving to East Dulwich community hospital? we as neighbours received a letter from the practice, which stated "as your aware" and provided us with the information, it was the first myself and neighbours were made aware of the move.

So answer to your question, this company does have problems.

--------------------
The hottest place in the world

Posted by Rosetta February 06, 11:09PM

They have very few GPs. One permanent female GP
A clinical lead who is only there 2 days a week as he is dealing with all
Of the parent company’s other acquisitions. A locum GP, and another formerly full time GP who is now 1 day a week.

Posted by Rosetta February 06, 11:12PM

I had heard they were moving at some point to the Dulwich Hospital site. I thought it was in conjunction with the Hambledon

Posted by first mate February 07, 07:27AM

The thought of this practice inhabiting a 'prize' site like the community hospital is deeply worrying. How did they manage to swing that? This practice has a very chequered history.

Posted by Rosetta February 07, 02:32PM

first mate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The thought of this practice inhabiting a 'prize'
> site like the community hospital is deeply
> worrying. How did they manage to swing that? This
> practice has a very chequered history.

Agree. Deeply worrying. I believe that bids were sought. That’s all I know. There’s an organisation called Southwark Healthwatch who told me about this.

Posted by first mate February 07, 05:01PM

Assume it is wretched Concordia Health who bid and won?

Posted by JohnL February 07, 05:11PM

NHS England proposed it if this is right.

[www.southwarkgp.co.uk]

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum