Help with Broadband Please (Altima Court)

CD

Hi

We are shortly moving into a flat in altima court we've got Virgin broadband at present but have been told we can only get dial up once we move. Can anybody advise on what works well in the building? we mainly use it for watching on demand TV or working from home. Any help would be much appreciated.

We've been in Altima Court for a few years now and use BT Broadband, we get a good service and have never had any problems with it. We mainly use it for on-demand television, recording tv, and general internet use. We've never used it for any major online gaming or large regular downloads though, so don't know how that would be affected. I know we have 2 other neighbours with BT aswell as they show up on my newtworks list on my PC. Welcome to the building CD!

If you have a phone line into the place you usually at least should be able to get ADSL broadband over the phone lines, generally speaking unless you live in the middle of now where miles from an exchange you should be able to get broadband of some sort.

Maybe she was confusing dial-up with broadband delivered via phone line as opposed to cable.