Muddy Boots Children's Nature Group - Monday 10-11.30

kelda

Muddy Boots Children's Nature Group

Tomorrow 10-11.30am at Devonshire Road Nature Reserve.

Calling all pre-school gardeners! Tomorrow at Muddy Boots we will be clearing and preparing the Muddy Boots veg patches for winter. We need keen diggers, weeders and wheel barrower wheelers!

If you didn't make it to our Apple Day today at the Reserve, we have some of the apple activities, eg using peelers safely (one to one) and the very popular Pin the Maggot on the Apple game! And if we're cold, we'll finish off with a hot chocolate. Please wear waterproofs (trousers too if you have) and wellies!

Muddy Boots Children's Nature Group is a pre-school group which runs at Devonshire Road Nature Reserve in Forest Hill every Monday and Friday 10-11.30am. Its very hands-on, friendly, relaxed, completely outdoors and aims to let children learn about nature, get grubby, get lots of fresh air and explore at their own pace this lovely wild green space.

Each week we have a nature related activity, digging, watering, a walk in the woods, tree climbing, foraging, listening for wildlife and end up with a story and a snack.

Children any age love the peace of the Reserve and are very welcome. To engage best with the day's more structured activity, I recommend 14m and over.

Its ?6/ child and ?4 for siblings over 13m. Younger siblings are very welcome to come along for free.

For more information, and to let me know if you're coming, either message Holly here or call/text on 07919 077198 OR like 'Muddy Boots at Devonshire Road' on facebook to get all session updates.

See you soon!

Holly

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Wasn't me mystic mog, my friends wife , but I will pass on your thanks to her 🙂
    • Anyone have any amount going over the next 4 weeks? thank tou
    • Please understand that I am not doubting the word of anyone who has posted here with problems with bought-in prepared meat, but (I am old) uncooked meat (perfectly 'good' meat) does smell often, we are too used to shrink wrapped and chilled supermarket meat which can be almost scent free - so we are surprised when 'butcher's' meat does smell (and often, if it is uncooked, quite strongly). Indeed game which is high can smell quite strongly, and not in a good way to our 21st C sensibilities, without being off - as in food poisoning off. Certainly prepared meat, when cooked, should smell enticing, and not at all bad - so the experiences quoted above are certainly very worrying - but younger people reading this should not be concerned, particularly, if fresh (raw) meat they have bought from e.g. a proper butchers has a smell to it. Which is not to say that something which smells rank shouldn't be a point of complaint. Even the smell of high-ish game, if left unwrapped, should dissipate once unwrapped. If it increases however it may be  cause for concern. But raw beef or lamb in the joint can often smell of something which isn't necessarily particularly nice, without it being worrying. It will tend to cook with more flavour.
    • Thanks tedfudge, great news, well done!!! 🦆😊
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In