Singing for Better Breathing - free classes

A colleague sent me the following and I wondered if it might be of interest to anyone in the local area? Please note that I'm not the person to contact with any queries - that would be: [email protected]

NEW 'SINGING FOR BETTER BREATHING' GROUPS - FREE OF CHARGE SINGING FOR PEOPLE WITH BREATHING PROBLEMS.

Do you know anyone in South London (especially Southwark and Lambeth) with breathing problems? I'm running two singing groups for people with COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorders).

The groups will become part of a research project measuring how regular singing affects lung function. There is some evidence which shows that singing helps lung function and supports people with COPD to manage their condition already - but there is a need for a better evidence base.

One group is at Morley College near Waterloo and the other is in East Dulwich. A third group is being run by a colleague of mine in Surrey Docks. Details below.

The workshops are free of charge. And they will be FUN! And as with all my singing workshops, you don't need to think you 'can sing' - complete beginners are very warmly welcome.

People of all ages, genders and backgrounds are welcome. Young people and children under 18 will need to be accompanied by an adult. The venues are accessible for wheelchair users.

The classes are also are open to the friends/family of people with COPD.

Please do pass on these details and encourage any relevant people to come along!

TUESDAYS 11-12 midday (Facilitator: Guillermo)

Surrey Docks Health Centre

Downtown Rd

London

SE16 6NP

TUESDAYS 2-3pm (Facilitator: Shilpa)

Southwark Breathe Easy Venue

United reform and Methodist church centre

Barry Road

East Dulwich

London

SE22 0JU

THURSDAYS 10.30-11.30am (Facilitator: Shilpa)

Morley College

61 Westminster Bridge Road

London

SE1 7HT