About East Dulwich Forum
The East Dulwich Forum was established all the way back in 2006 by Mark. Over time the forum has grown and today there are over 1.6 million messages posted. In July 2022, Joe (myself!) took over and migrated the forum to a new platform, which you see today. It remains one of the most active online local community forums in London.
Who can use this website?
Anybody can register and post messages for free. The audience consists mostly of current, former and future residents of the East Dulwich area, however we have plenty of members who live elsewhere in South London.
Why do members use the forum?
So many reasons! Not limited to:
- Discussing the latest local news and gossip.
- Viewing upcoming events happening in East Dulwich and nearby South London.
- Searching for recommended local decorators, plumbers, builders and other tradesmen.
- Buying and selling second hand items for local collection (its much quicker, cheaper and local than Ebay, less hassle and more private than Facebook)
- Finding a place to rent in East Dulwich or the surrounding areas.
- Parents asking questions to other local parents.
- Finding childcare.
Do I need to give you my personal data?
Unlike 'big data' platforms like Facebook and Next Door, we don't want to know your name, age, address, phone or any such data which can identify you as a person.
The only piece of info we need is an email address, which you use to login and manage your account. Your email is not exposed to other forum members. There is a private messaging system which you can use to contact other forum members without giving away your personal details.
How is this website funded?
Since the start, the running costs of the forum have been funded via selling advertising packages to local businesses. A small profit is made each month.
EDF is operated as a hobby, not as a full time job, so profit is not the primary motive for running this website.
East Dulwich Forum through the ages...