Orange

Mike Dodd

Ok, it's worked

I have an iphone and this is what I did

settings

carrier

automatic (on) - turn it off -

searching for 5-10 mins -

click on o2 or vodaphone (anything other than orange) and then click to go back and it will have no service and then click back into carrier and click on EE (there are 2 you can click on either one) - it will then show service and you should be able to make calls

Fingers crossed it works for you too

Thanks Pebbles orange are going to ring me back after lunch will let you know whats happening I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace which must have different settings the lady did say that two masts where down but had no idea when they will be repaired????

Anyone having any luck today? Like others my iPhone showing full strength signal but unable to make or receive calls. Followed Pebbles helpful advice - phone worked for a 2 minute call before cutting me off. Had booked apple genius appointment for tomorrow but this sounds local. Mike Dodd did orange ever get back?

how bizarre, also in friern road. this happened some weeks ago, and I thought it was the phone. was told to do the reset networks thing. It happened again sunday evening, and yesterday evening, altho I have a good strong signal showing. I ha assumed my phone was faulty. My hushand has the same model and network and has had no problems.

Sorry Goosegreen they did not ring back so I rang them again today said they have no record of my previous phone conversation all they said was transmitter down so asked about compensation as I use this for work and guess what someone is going to ring me tomorrow my phone is working at the moment sometimes?????

I still can't make out going calls and cant receive calls (I'm located by Dulwich Library), but phone is showing full reception. This happened last week as well but my phone worked fine when at the bottom of Lordship Lane, at work in the City and in Oxford. This is really frustrating and not the service i pay through the nose for! i have an HCT Desire S if anyone has any idea how to get it working?

Thanks!

I've just spoken to them again. Aghaghagh

So he admitted mast down but said there was no information anywhere as to whether it is even going to be fixed!!! He said if and when we can start making calls we can then phone and ask for credit but there's nothing set in stone and with regards to breaking the contract as they are not providing us with a service he said good luck it will never happen as the contract as every eventuality covered.

So basically he said thanks for phoning but there's nothing I can do

To say I'm annoyed is a understatement. I was stuck on the motorway for 7 hrs on fri night but I couldn't contact my husband as he was at home with no reception!!!

If Anyone has any info on breaking contracts etc pls share :)

it is so intermittant, and you havew no idea that the phone is not working until you try to make a call - so cannot actually get a grip on how long I am without a service. I echo pebbles - I was urgently trying to contact someone and the ruddy phone didn't work!!

hmmmm