Orange

Mike Dodd

The really annoying thing about Friday night was I tried to phone 3 local friends for them to go over to our house to tell my husband that i was stuck on the motorway but everything was fine but they were all on Orange as well and I couldn't get through to them either - I'm really losing my patience.

Orange merged with T-Mobile which are both now under EE (who are responsible for delivery of connectivity). I had some problems last week (for the first time after getting 18 months into a two year contract). But things seem to be ok now. Two masts were reported elsewhere on the forum as being down, with repair to one imminent (and I'm guessing that one has been repaired, hence return of my connectivity).

I also found out that where T-mobile and Orange had masts next to each other, EE are removing one, and that has led to some problems. Also they have been changing some of the mast technology and that has led to problems too and where there are problems it seems to be primarily with 3G connections and below. G4 customers have seemingly been spared all this nonsense.

My view is that in a capital city that's not good enough and we should complain.

Still it could be worse....we could all be vodaphone customers!

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah I'm getting really effed off with it all now. Had problems Friday evening making calls for about an hour (like everyone else have full signal strength and no issue with text and internet connectivity). Am going to make a formal complaint on Monday to T-Mobile.

• 1 month later...

After countless times of losing the signal at home (Nunhead) I've finally called Orange. Got someone decent but apparently it's due to the work done for 4G - it's basically been at the expense of 3G. Masts are being taken out of commission and your phone is essentially trying to connect to a mast that is no longer working.

To get something done, there needs to be lots of people registering problems.

I was told to reset my phone to 2G for a week and call again. Frustrating as I don't see why I should be paying for 3G and only getting 2G. But basically I was told it couldn't be escalated until I'd tried this. BUT, if you're having problems, try this for a week and then call them - it'll help save a stage in the process.

I suspect that lots of people calling are the best chance to get something done. Otherwise they're just going to wait until we all go over to 4G anyway.

Well - that explains it. Down AGAIN! It's been like this on and off for months. Thanks for the update nunheadmum.

I'm on the phone to Orange tomorrow and expect to be fobbed off for a week in the same way, but at least will be registering it like you say. What are you meant to do in the longterm if you don't have a 4G phone - presumably cough up loads of dough for one you wouldn't have needed in the first case if they hadn't taken away masts. Completely predictable!

Complete fiasco.

• 1 month later...

Bluerevolution Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> o2 is the same-since the 4G transmitter upgrades

> anyone not on 4g can expect shite coverage.

> Couldn't get any signal at all the other night

> even stood by transmitter at Dulwich Hamlet !! I'd

> have to climb the mast to get any closer

If you are Too close to a transmitter then you could be in the Signal Shadow (Umbrella Effect)

The Signal will be passing overhead.

DulwichFox