Forum Sponsors

www.no-flies.co.uk
xxxx
Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

www.inshutters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageWomen's experience as cyclists
Posted by Di1996 July 06, 03:32PM

Hi Guys,
I'm conducting a questionnaire on women's experiences, thoughts, concerns and ideas on cycling in the borough.
This case study is meant to gain more insight on gender-specific needs for cycling in an urban context, with the potential to show gaps in the inclusiveness of current cycling infrastructure, our culture and attitudes roads users.
There are 6 questions and should take 6-10 minutes to complete.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Link: [www.surveymonkey.co.uk] surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5X3CT55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was july 06, 08:02pm by Di1996.

messageRe: Women's experience as cyclists
Posted by Penguin68 July 06, 05:11PM

It might help to get responses if you explained what you were actually doing, as you do on the Survey itself:-

I'm a Geography student at Queen Mary conducting a study on women's concerns and experiences of cycling around the borough of Southwark, but also on capturing thoughts and ideas on how cycling can be made more inclusive and welcoming to this particular group of road users.

You will have the chance to respond to 6 questions about cycling relating to inclusive infrastructure and route safety, cycling culture in London, and other factors that may affect the quality of your journey.

Information collected is for educational purposes only.

messageRe: Women's experience as cyclistsdpd
Posted by bels123 July 06, 05:34PM

Do you provide a summary to Southwark Council? Could be helpful feedback for them.

Posted by damzel July 06, 08:35PM

I liked the questions - it enabled me to say most of what I think about cycling in London! It was quite theraputic actually! Best of luck with your study.

Posted by Sally Eva July 07, 08:20AM

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours -- crossing at the Barry Road/Lordship Lane lights (coming from Barry Road) woman hooted at me to set off when there was a Q of turning traffic in front of me, undertook me at the narrow point at the lights so close that I nearly fell off and as she went by screamed at me "go and cycle in the park"

Anger management issues smiling smiley

Posted by mynamehere July 07, 11:35AM

Is this only for Southwark? You could post on London Cycling Facebook group

Posted by Di1996 July 07, 12:24PM

Thank you very much.

Posted by Di1996 July 07, 12:26PM

Thanks for the feedback

Posted by Di1996 July 07, 12:28PM

Thats unfortunate, people dont always read the road situation ahead and so they get frustrated sad smiley

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum