Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Cars are getting bigger and heavier (new cars have become so bloated that half of them are too wide to fit in parking spaces designed to the minimum on-street standards. The average width of a new car in the EU and UK passed 180cm in the first half of 2023, having grown an average of 0.5cm each year since 2001). Speed enforcement is also pretty rare in practice and according to DfT stats, under free-flowing traffic conditions, 50% of car drivers exceed the speed limit on 30mph roads. Hopefully we'll see regulation to stop the car bloat arms race, and perhaps moves to use the same geolocation speed limiters deemed essential for electric hire scooters, but not currently SUVs.
    • Another recommendation for Half Moon- my youngest daughter attended and it was by far the best nursery we’ve ever experienced. The teachers are just wonderful and they care so much for the children (who, in return, love them to bits). There’s also a very low staff turnover, so there’s real stability and continuity for the children. My daughter left each day so happy and proud to show me what she’d learnt. It’s amazing!
    • Did you take the car number? Otherwise the council wil have to look through it for an address.
    • Well if you did get anywhere please let me know... we have speed cushions outside our property in Honor Oak Road, my house has been being shaken along with the accompanying noise since 2008.. the council  just keeps telling me it not the speed cushions and we are too far away from them.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In