Forum Sponsors

https://urbanistarchitecture.co.uk/free-architect-consultation/

www.inshutters.co.uk

Your Local Personal Trainer

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageWhere to buy radiators?
Posted by seemster September 26, 10:31AM

Hi, I’d like to buy radiators that look similar to the one in the pic but aren’t crazy expensive - any ideas where to look please? Have to be 600mm wide and need delivery by Monday/Tuesday! Probably will get one double panel and two single panels.

TIA

[imgur.com]

messageRe: Where to buy radiators?
Posted by Lynne September 28, 12:58PM

Radiator centre in Northcote Rd.? Or the shop in Bellenden Rd?

Posted by dbboy September 28, 01:28PM

Try MKK on corner of Evelina rd, just past the road arch.

Posted by seemster September 29, 05:58PM

Thanks for the suggestions.

Although I’m having a rethink as people are saying there’s no point having radiators and UFH. I thought having both would be a good idea, they’d be used at different times / seasons in different ways - time for some BTU calculations!

Posted by peckman October 03, 10:17AM

You should need both . UFH is far superior .. especially if gives you nice warm floors . Dont waste your money on radiators as well. It's like buying a car with two engines . Pointless

Posted by seemster October 14, 11:13PM

In case it helps anyone, I ended up going with PlumbNation as they had some decent Stelrads with reasonably fast delivery (although it turns out the radiators weren’t as urgent as the builders had suggested - in fact, they’re still in boxes...)

Posted by bobbsy October 15, 08:13AM

A radiator is addition to UFH can be a good idea...UFH is a lovely method but can be slow, if you've had it off, or the doors open...or...and it doesn't cost much more at installation stage.

Posted by seemster October 19, 03:42PM

Thanks bobbsy, yes, for my very cold ground floor I’m going with both. Makes sense for me so I can, for example, set the UFH to come on and heat downstairs when the rest of the house doesn’t warrant turning on the CH. All a bit hypothetical at the moment anyway as UFH not yet connected and radiators not yet installed!

Posted by Gashubservices November 04, 09:35PM

Contact daniel at gas hub services for all plumbing & heating 07801498084

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum