We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://avakitchens.co.uk

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageAnnoying texts from Barclays
Posted by holloway May 17, 10:48AM

On the morning of my first Saturday off from work in a while, a text popped up on my phone stating that Barclays had issued another debit card to me as a security precaution.
This got me worrying but after a long phone call was told that this is a routine thing they often do. Anyone else have experience of this? It bugged me all day.

messageRe: Annoying texts from Barclays
Posted by Sue May 17, 06:23PM

That seems an extremely odd thing to do.

Surely having two identical cards would increase the security risk?

When you phoned Barclays, did you phone a number which was independent of any number given on the text, or given on any link from the text?

Or did you mean they've issued a new card with a different security number on the back?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 17, 07:13pm by Sue.

Posted by JohnL May 18, 09:17AM

The only time this happened to me with Halifax it was attempted fraud that went in a circle of new card -> cancel -> new card - someone seemed to be cancelling my cards and requesting a new one.

When my card is stable and not replaced until expiry I feel more secure. That doesn't mean Barlcays don't do it - make sure you don't ring a number supplied by the text - find a Barclays number on their website./

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 18, 09:21am by JohnL.

Posted by JohnL May 18, 09:19AM

"Sometimes we will issue a new card to you and cancel your old one if we think the security on your existing card has been compromised."

[www.barclays.co.uk]

That could mean of course you brought something you don't normally buy smiling smiley

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum