Forum Sponsors

www.nannycentral.co.uk

www.no-flies.co.uk

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageFeedback: The Villa nursery & Monkey puzzle nursery
Posted by rayhope January 14, 10:16AM

Hi ED forum and fellow parents

My 2 year old has been offered a place at The Villa nursery, Peckham, when he turns 3 and at Monkey Puzzle nursery, New Cross.

The Villa turns into a pre-school/school up till 7years old but we're more interested in the nursery offering currently.

I was wondering if you could share any views on both places.

We're leaning towards the Villa but would be so grateful of any feedback

Thanks
Ray

messageRe: Feedback: The Villa nursery & Monkey puzzle nursery
Posted by TRed January 14, 02:37PM

Our son goes to Villa nursery. it is great ... and generally experience of the children and parents is very good. I think the experience of Digbina is an isolated issue.

PM me if you want more info.

Posted by rheller January 14, 10:50PM

Hi - we sent both our children there and they were both in other settings prior to joining The Villa. We had a very positive experience. There is a good balance between structured and unstructured play and the staff all seemed friendly and genuinely liked looking after children. My children were both happy there and thrived. My daughter only started school in September so this is a relatively recent review! Happy for you to PM me with any questions.

Posted by Administrator January 16, 09:29AM

I've had to remove a post as that user has repeatedly posted negative feedback about the nursery over the last 2 years, involved a previous headteacher and it involves legal action. The nursery has a right to contact us if something is defamatory and the comment that they are "known to contact the forum admin to get critical posts removed on the grounds of 'legal implications'." should warn you more about the message poster than the nursery.

--------------------
The Administrator

Posted by Digbina January 16, 10:26AM

Nothing I posted was defamatory. The definition of defamation does not include facts or opinion based on actual experience. There is no “legal action” underway or even initiated in the past.

It is a fact that Southwark Council conducted a non routine safeguarding audit of this nursery and it is a fact that they were also subject to an emergency Ofsted inspection last year. You can read the latter on their website.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum